Communications for the Social Good
Pardon Our Dust
You caught us in media res, I’m afraid. We’ll shortly be right as rain. Until then, if you’d like something written, please contact Benjamin Chambers at darnwrite[@]comcast.net or at 503-709-1917.
When You Need it Done Right
Come to us for to support your mission.
How We Can Help
Whether you’re a nonprofit or a government agency, let me help you ensure your communications efforts serve your goals — and your mission.
Writing & Editing
A fluent writer and gifted editor, I’m adept at synthesizing complex information into all formats for clients, from tweets to reports thick enough to stun an ox — should you need that sort of thing.
Coaching & Facilitation
Whether your staff needs communications coaching or your project needs cross-disciplinary facilitation, I can help.
- Policy documents, promotional materials, guides, and monographs
- Editing and producing social media content (including images and ads) for Twitter and Facebook, LinkedIn groups, and blog posts
- Web copy
- PowerPoint presentations and webinars
- Direct mail campaigns
- Fiction & literary nonfiction editing
- Coaching/facilitating system change with multiple players
- Facilitating planning processes for cross-system reform
- Trainings on communications topics, writing, and effective presentations
- Individual writing coaching to improve expository clarity; fiction technique; or rhetorical impact
“Benjamin is a gem. He exhibits the rare combination of clarity, desired tone, deadline-adherence, creativity, professionalism — and a sense of humor. Benjamin produces excellent work time and time again and is simply a joy to work with. I would hire him again in a heartbeat!”
Rachel Hassinger, Online Communications Manager, Boston University School of Public Health
I help project managers and nonprofits achieve their mission. I help them target the right audience and produce clear and persuasive materials. I’m based in Portland, Oregon and work nationally.